Monday, October 15, 2007

Adventures in Domesticity

Here are some of the normal everyday things that are going on here. The kids and I dug up the sweet potatoes. I started then the next thing you know they were helping and so excited when they found one that I just stepped back and watched them dig for their buried treasure. In the south, it's sweet potatoes not gold. I think a couple may have been missed because I noticed two new vines growing in the garden that was nothing more than plain ole dirt. They look strangely similar to sweet potato vines. I've decided to just leave them and see what happens.

I'm knitting my first toe up sock. I've had to rip it back twice but I've gotten past the heel now and wrong or right I refuse to rip it out a third time. I love the color of the yarn, it's very autumn feeling although in the picture you can't see the "mocha brown" color so well. I might even make the second one... it's a long shot though.

Do you see the picture of the cookies? I made 9 dozen of these cookies which took me half my day. I made these cookies for my son Gage to take to his boyscout dinner. That was really nice of me. The next time I ask you to take out the trash, "Yes Ma'am!" Would be an appropriate answer and this task should be completed immediately the very first time I ask or the next time you need to bring food to one of your dinners I'll cook poultry for you to take instead. I'll even let you pick which of the two flavors I make, raw or dry. (I have issues with the timing when I cook poultry. I even have a meat thermometer for safetly purposes; it's a lier though. Just like that bathroom scale.)

Okay, I have completed two posts... how long does that get me off the hook for?



3 comments:

Marsel said...

Welcome back -- I will refrain from any other smart remarks about your blogging hiatus. For now. Next time I may have to hack into your blog and plaster it with rude comments!!!

We haven't dug our sweet potatoes yet -- I suppose we probably should! What are you doing with yours -- are there enough to freeze etc or will you just eat them all up?

Jess said...

They should keep pretty good in our pantry for a couple months. They'll disapear quick in this house.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Taters are great but your homemade apple butter is to die for.I never new reheated chicken breast with your apple butter on them could taste so good for breakfast
Mr M