Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Sweater Weather


Here is our forecast. We are cold. Very, very cold. I am wearing woolie socks and sweaters. The two youngest ones have been forced to wear feeted fleecy pj's all day long. We don't crank the heat up in spite of the cold because with the blowing heat coming from the ceiling and lack of the humidity we are used to (Florida should be called the humid state) we end up with bloody noses all day long. And peeling, itchy, crunchy skin like a sun burn. We are yankees (except for Finn) and we can handle the cold thank you.

Notice in the forecast it goes from 20 degrees to 75 degrees all in the same week.

I can smile a little though, when Bob landed in Tennesee this morning it was snowing and 19 degrees. I am one degree better than him. In our competition, I mean marriage this counts for something. Go buy a hat and some mittens, husband. And in response to your laughing about me living in Florida and knitting wool socks I have only one thing to say, "Nanana booo booo. My feet are warm, baby. Bet you wish I had knit you that pair of wool socks you said you would never ever wear." (I am actually cackling and doing a little dance right now.)

Sorry, for the childish post. I just love it when I'm right.

3 comments:

Marsel said...

I don't know about you, but this Yankee got soft a long time ago -- I just can't take the cold like I used to!

Can you get out the one-longer-arm sweater you made for Finn or has he outgrown it?!

Jess said...

He's only out grown one arm. The other still fits. hehe.

Ward Family said...

Well what a beautiful family Jessica!!! I am very proud of you and hope you are doing well. Saw your site through Marsel's link. Take care and God bless.
The Wards