Thursday, May 20, 2010

Springing

We are definately feeling the full effects of spring around here, even though it feels more like summer...

We had a nest of baby birds growing in the plant on our front porch.  They made a whole lot of racket to the point I couldn't open the window or front door and I could still hear them.  Not sweet "cheep cheep" noises.  More like an alarm clock! They left their nest last week and I am trying to revive the plant that I stopped watering so I did not drowned the baby birds.


The garden is growing great and last night one cucumber and yellow grape tomato was harvested. I went out this morning with an artist's brush of Rylin's and polinated some squash that was blooming.  We seem to have many wasps but I'm not seeing a lot of helpful bees. 

Monday I turned the last of the season's strawberries into 11 quarts of  jam and filled two gallon bags with washed strawberries and put them in the freezer to top cakes or ice cream. 

The Quilt For Kids quilt has been quilted, hopefully today I can find time to put the binding and label on so it can be sent out tomorrow.  Gilbert as usual was his helpful self! 

We have a busyish day today. Finn and I are going out to check out pre-schools for him to attend VPK in the fall.(He will go from 9 - 12 most likely.)  Then this evening we are going to Rylin's play at the school.

I am off to have a shower, get Finn a shower and give Ole Grandpa Dog a bath so we can get on the road.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Nice cater-upper! The quilt turned out perfectly-so glad you joined in. Hope you post pics of the play tonight (if it is allowed!)

Marsel said...

Birds that nest in plants etc are fun at first...but I am always more than ready for them to go!

The quilt looks great...love that Gilbert got in there!