Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Bad News from N.Y.

I am still here in Baldwinsville (some of you will actually know where this is). The wedding went great and I will post pictures when I get home as I forgot the chord that goes from camera to laptop (Durrr!)
Anyway, Sunday night my Grandmother and Grandfather Harris made an announcement to the family that my grandfather has lung cancer and my Grandmother's lymphoma has returned. My Grandfather went in for surgery to attempt to remove all cancer from his lungs at 1p.m. today. I will post as soon as I here anything.
My Grandmother is also in the hospital as we called 911 Monday night due to her having so much trouble breathing. They drained 1 1/2 liters of fluid off of her lungs and she spent two night in ICU. She is now in a regular room and is sounding much better.
I am here at their house attempting to be useful, with four kids in tow the appropriate word is definately attempt. They kept their illness' a secret from all of us wishing not to cast a pallor over Carrie's wedding. The rest of the family and their pastor are up at Community Hospital with them. Please Pray for them.

2 comments:

Marsel said...

Oh, I'm sorry...that's not the kind of news you want to get when you head 'home' to visit. We are praying for them and for you. I am glad you are nearby, but I also know how hard it is not to be free to be at the hospital...love and hugs to you and to G & G.

Delighted Hands said...

Since Floyd and Betty are nestled safely in the hand of their Lord, We will thank Him for His excellent plans for them...His timing is perfect. Bill and I will pray for their faith to be strengthened and for their family to able see God's perfect work in them. Hugs to all.
Love in Christ,
Bill and Cindy Minota