Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Needles of Fury



I finished the socks for my niece in record time. I also busted Finn trying to steal the socks and have proof.

There is however a problem with the socks. I noticed with Finn's pair that because the yarn is cotton the cuff is not very elastic. I used double pointed needles with these as oposed to the magic loop method with Finn's.

Next I will try some that are adult sized and use a better yarn. I'm thinking of trying a basic toe-up pattern and if I can comprehend that add cables etc. on the next pair. We shall see.

3 comments:

Marsel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marsel said...

Oh, please stop! You are making me look REALLY BAD with my foot-dragging about finishing projects!!!

I think you must have somehow stolen that finish-it-fast gene from my mother (the gene that was meant for me eventually) during our adolescent years...because she has the gene, but it is mysteriously lacking in me. Lame excuse, I know...sigh.

Anyway, the socks are cute and I love the proof of Finn's attempted pilfering!

Jess said...

I'm not too sure it is a "finish it fast" thing. I think it's more of an obsessive thing. As in, "Let me get these finished so my mind will allow me to actually think of something else such as parenting the children etc."

I suppose there are worse things to be obsessed with than my current project though. And on the upside I did find that being obsessed with one thing will take your mind off of whatever is stressing you.