Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Big Boys and Other Species

Finn got a 'big boy bed'. We found it for $10 at a garage sale Bob sanded it down, 'antiqued' and varnished it. As you can see Finn was very excited about it and wanted it kept in the living room.



Here is a Rhode Island Red Hen I picked up at the flea market Saturday for $2. We call her Peeker because she stands behind things and peeks around at us. She doesn't appreciate people coming into 'her' garden and will yell at you for it. She has yet to lay an egg even though I have been giving laying feed and plenty of clean water since Sat. She is the only chicken in the coop and as far as chickens go that is the lap of luxury; she needs to earn her keep or she will take up residence in my big roaster pan. In her defense I have yet to see any grasshoppers in the back garden even though I'm stomping them out of the front garden every day. So she is at least organic pest control. The people I bought her from had no idea how old she is so I don't know if she still makes eggs or not.

Here are some chicks from the same flea market, the yellow ones are Buff Oringtons and the black and whites are Australorps. Pretty feathers. Yes, they are living in the recycle bin right now. Between dogs and hawks destroying my poultry population I'm not taking any chances.

























Here is Callie the cat. She is Finn's new toy that he carries around all day. Bob doesn't like her but she likes him. Last night she climbed up on his computer to have a nap on his laptop keyboard while he was working(he wouldn't wait while I got the camera). She is 8 weeks old and very precious. Since I knit it and have a blog it seemed only right to have a cat. So now there is either a dog or a cat on my lap while I'm sewing, on the computer or knitting. I'm very loved... Callie and Gizmo have been getting along good; I'll need to get a picture of them sleeping Gizmo was on the couch in the sewing room last night and Callie was in the rocking chair.


Someone was feeling left out of the photo shoot, can you tell?

Three posts in one day, that should catch me up.

2 comments:

Marsel said...

The kitten is adorable -- I'd love to snuggle with her!

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, I can't wait for my turn to visit and see your menagerie! So happy for you!