Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quilting, embroidery and gardening

An embroidered shirt for Gage-Michael. It has his name and the Harley Davidson logo. Not bad since the t-shirt was $1.50 on the clearance rack I had the Harley designs and thread already. An embroidered patch Harley shirt at the Harley store costs between $40 - $90, seriously. So this is like a 99% discount. I'm going to make some for Bob for Father's day. He likes the shirts for when he goes riding and only has a couple we bought and a couple you get free when you go on the charity rides.


Finished quilt blocks for Elizabeth Margarets baby quilt. The border has been added and it is now being quilted. No point in a picture because it's covered in freezer paper. Last Friday evening I was moving right along with it and Bob was working late so I thought I would finish it while the kids watched a movie I had rented for them. But of course nothing can ever go that smoothly for me. I don't have the proper presser foot for free motion quilting so am using no presser foot, this is something I do not recommend as I broke the sewing machine needle off IN MY FINGER right through the finger nail!! I very calmly looked down and said," Wow, it's in my finger guess I should pull it out." I did so, feeling nothing at all (shock is quite lovely, actually; excellent pain preventer) wrapped a bandage around it and went back to the sewing room to change the needle and examine the quilt for blood. And guess what? That was my very LAST needle. When I called Bob he said,"You're more upset that you haven't got another needle aren't you?" He also recommended I wash it with some sort of disinfectant but I refused as I didn't think it prudent to faint with him in Crescent City and all four boys here.


Here is the garden, to the left is the chicken coop.












And the daily squash take. I made some zucchini bread and froze it, it was delicious as I changed the recipe by adding 2 additional cups of zucchini so it isn't so over powered by cinnamon. The kids and Bob enjoy it especially since I let them have it for breakfast w/ butter or cream cheese on it since it is technically made of vegetables.

2 comments:

Marsel said...

That quilt is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the colors and the pattern both.

Could you bring me some of your extra squash?!

Delighted Hands said...

We all do the needle thing just once....that was yours! Do we need to go to the sewing store to buy you a free motion foot?! The quilt is beautiful-great job!