Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Gardens and More





Here is a picture of my gardens, the old one which is rather empty as many things are done and I am waiting until later this month to replant as soon as I decide what I want to put in there and it gets a bit cooler. You can pretty much plant about anything beens, broccoli, carrots, lettuce, cucumbers, squash etc. in N. E. Florida in September. Go figure, huh? Usually the growing season is getting over most places and we get pretty much a year round one. I think it will be much more enjoyable to work out there when it's cooler.

The new one is pretty full. Most likely because there are two plants in there that have ideas of grandeur. If they do not watch it they will end up all alone being grand in the trash can. This garden is full of squash (that crooked kind), zucchini, watermelons and a couple pumpkins. I think I messed up a bit as I am beginning to see that you get more than one or two per plant and I will probably turn into some crazy woman dropping zuchinni on people's door steps, ringing the bell and running.

The last picture is for a specific friend of mine, she knows who she is. I brought these Hoffman's hotdogs back from Syracuse in a great quantity, larger than any normal sane person would buy. I took a picture of them and posted them because I know she likes them. She recently posted pictures on her blog of her bountiful garden harvest and made me have serious feelings of jealousy and caused my tomatoes to feel very insecure about themselves. If I didn't have pink eye I would take pictures of me eating these hotdogs and enjoying their delectable goodness!

The last picture is of the birthday gift from my husband. I realized two things. The first is that I have a great husband who will buy me things that he has absolutely no interest in and that quote: "clutter up his house". The second is that I have very HUGE hips in proportion to the top half of me and that no one makes a dressform adjustable to both halves of my body. I think is a joke in very poor taste as I have wanted a dressform forever.

2 comments:

Marsel said...

Oh, you are so funny...I expect you to keep a Hofmann's in the freezer for me for when I come to visit you.

As for the dressform, it's very cool and Bob definitely deserves a cookie for that one. I commiserate fully with you on the sizing issue; I just can't find a dressform with a jr. high bust...sigh...!

Delighted Hands said...

There are tons of ways to add padding to an area of extra endowment--think lycra shorts with socks to name one....be creative and then share the picture! I am so glad to see you want sewing supplies!