Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Rylin's 5th Birthday!

Sunday was Rylin's 5th birthday, our plan was to go to Wild Adventures theme park in Valdosta, GA however those plans changed once we picked up his present Saturday. It is really for all the kids but this was his one b'day request and he would rather have a "park" in his back yard than to go to a theme park. Well, the directions said it should take "3-6 hours to assemble" Okay, let's be realistic. 3-6 days is a more accurate estimate. It took all day and into the late evening on Saturday and then till afternoon on Sunday to assemble. If you will note the picture of the "workers" standing around the half built playground looking like the Florida D.O.T. hard at work hmm... this may explain alot.

Well, the kids are really enjoying it. Rylin has even brought two chairs (one is for passengers) and a towel (to wipe and shine the slide) up to the clubhouse part of it.

He also received a 'slip and slide' from a family friend, which was much cooler than the pool due to the fresh, cool hose water. (Rather than the bathwater, steamy pool) We watched the kids enjoy the slip and slide and as they grew bored with it well.... we used it. Bob got a real kick out of watching me go down it over and over like a kid, by real kick I mean enjoyed mocking and poking fun at me. Then I guess, he saw what a great time I was having and decided to join me. I would pay good money for pictures of that! Anyway, I think the kids may decide to start hiding their toys from us. For my adventure back to childhood I have a bruise on my hip and forearm, but IT WAS WORTH IT!!!


2 comments:

Marsel said...

Oh my word, 5!!! How is it possible that our two tiny guys are five...to look at them now, you'd never guess how little they were at the beginning!

Glad you posted...I was getting ready to make a smart remark but you saved yourself the irritation. :-)

Delighted Hands said...

So how is the back-to-school year going now?