Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Great Visit With Wonderful Friends


There is no better gift than a good visit with good friends, especially ones you don't see very often. My friend Marsel and her two children David and Abigail are down here visiting her family. They live in Canton, GA so these visits aren't often enough.

Monday the kids were off school and we were blessed with a visit from Marsel, her mom Cindy and the kids. We had six kids in the house and it went surprisingly well in spite of that with no big melt downs by any of the kids.

Frankie gave David and Finn rides on his Razor Motorcycle... although, Finn was not pleased with the sharing of his chauffeur. Finn also tried to procure Abigail's new sparkly flip flops for his own personal use.

We had pizza, turtle brownies and strawberry cheesecake. I could do this every week just to have an excuse to eat those sorts of foods. It was nice to also get opinions on my projects, new bedroom paint color etc. They even offered to help me clean my sewing room because it was trashed due to the bedroom painting episode. How many people get to have friends that good??? I'm betting not many.

I wish we all lived closer so we could do this all the time. The kids and I would definately love it. Thanks so much for coming Marsel and Mrs. M. it got really quiet here after you all left and I got the feeling I wasn't the only one a little sad about missing my friends.


2 comments:

Marsel said...

Thanks for the visit...it was wonderful. I wish we all lived closer, too...

Marsel said...

I just re-read my comment and it made me think of Marty and Missy...think how shocked they would be at how easily we get to stay in touch from 400+ miles away!!!