Thursday, December 17, 2009

The State of the Children Address, Part 2

Monday, was Frankie's Boy Scout Court of Honor.  I made a cake to bring as we were all supposed to bring a dessert.  Bob made Finn's cake, I made the on for Frankie's court of honor.  Bob thinks cakes should be rectangles and made from boxes.  I think they should be round and made from scratch!





Frankie was promoted from Tenderfoot to Second Class.  He has a lot of fun in boyscouts and is working his way up the ranks!  I guess, a lot of boys join for the campouts etc. and never really progress.  I'm glad my son is ambitious enough to keep moving on up. I am very proud of him and he seems to be pretty popular in his troop.  We shopped around for a troop as some of them seem sort of stunted - no growth, the kids aren't progressing up the ranks, people are just.... er.... peculiar.  But who am I to judge?  I just wanted Frankie to fit and people who appreciate a made from scratch cake instead of homemade granola.

Tonight is  his Christmas Chorus Concert at the school and then the Jaguars game at our friends house.  We don't usually have outings on school night but tomorrow is a half school day where they show up, take attendance, feed them candy and then send them home.  (Your tax dollars at work....)  All their Christmas activities were today and they were told not to even bring their back packs tomorrow so I take it this is just a ploy to collect the money for the school without actually having to do actual teaching of any kind.  They will be excused the absence as they will be attending  the Political Science Class I will be teaching about the unethical practice  of squandering taxpayer money and learning how loopholes are tantamount to fraud.  You know, I just don't understand why they never invite me to join the PFA anymore....  do you think they don't like my cake?


Franklin is happy with his accomplishments and we are proud.



2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Congrats, Frankie!

Beautiful cake, Jess!

Marsel said...

Nice that he's enjoying it so much! Your cake looks yummy, too.