Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Houston, we have a problem...

The purple/turquoise handspun became fingerless gloves and there are three problem with them.  #1 - Different skeins knit up to different gauges, this means that the gloves are two different sizes. #2 - When washed the dye bled out like it was coming from a femeral artery.  #3 - I blocked them out on the back table to dry because knitting takes weeks to dry inside my house for some reason and now one side of each glove is purple and the other side is a sort of sea green color.  I believe this may be because the late afternoon sun hits this table in spite of  it being covered by a tarp awning. This leaves me with a choice I can either take this as a design feature and act like my yarn was so self patterning it happened on it's own. Or I can leave the gloves out there for todays afternoon sun to try and sunbleach them evenly.



This hawk has been sitting on my neighbors house looking into my back yard.  I have my newly washed hand knits out there drying.  I think he's contemplating stealing them. I don't know what he would want with my socks... maybe he will take the gloves though and we can pretend like they never happened. 






purple

not purple

badness

2 comments:

Marsel said...

Sorry to laugh at your expense, but I did have a good laugh!!!

Delighted Hands said...

Turquoise is nortorious for bleeding dye like no other color! You have now experienced this first hand! I love the look of the fingerless gloves just this way-you can wear them with pride and don't let them line a nest anytime soon!