Thursday, October 08, 2009

Needle Arts

Up until the past week or so I feel I've been making very little progress especially in the knitting department but I'm back at it now. The return of television that is not entirely garbage may be the cause because I'm more likely to be sitting on the couch in the evening with Bob instead of off reading a book after the kids are in bed.

I cast on the Celtic Tote because most of the parts of it are just stockinette so reading etc. can be done at the same time.

There has been progress made on the lace scarf, this is the re-knit because I ripped it entirely out once due to an error. (mine not the patterns) I am angry that the camera doesn't do the color justice. It is not turquoise, it is green. Close to the color of the Bayou, I mean, pool. The bag next to my knitting is from Cindy who gifted me one of her bags. It is the perfect size for knitting or to bring books to church etc. It is wonderful to get handmade gifts from good friends...


















I am also gauging my ability and patience at piecing the Double Wedding Ring Quilt by putting together one block before cutting out the bazillion pieces required to make one quilt. I got a little stuck when it came to some rather vague direction so I turned to the great answerer of questions: the innernet. Guess what I found out? Number one: There is a youtube video for everything in the whole wide world except for what I am looking to find out about at the time. Number two: That most people who make double wedding ring quilts now do not buy the acrylic templates and painstakingly cut out pieces and sew crazy curves together, they just go ahead and paper piece them...

Why did that not occur to me? Why??


3 comments:

Marsel said...

Wow, the double wedding ring looks like enough to challenge anyone. It's pretty though!

The scarf is gorgeous...

Delighted Hands said...

First, the bayou, er pool is scary!
Threaten the kids with a dunk if they don't behave!!! The scarf is gorgeous-sorry for the rip out but it will be worth it! It is a good match for the pool!!! Glad you are happy with the tote bag-and I noticed what you called me-it is so nice to see you pass another hurdle of growing up!! [hugs...]

Anonymous said...

Because your blonde?