Thursday, October 01, 2009

A Quick Taste of Fall






We're getting a little feel of fall for a couple days at least, so when I woke up and actually had a day where I wanted to wear socks I put them on and Finn and I headed off to the store. Not to mention it was the first time I've opened my windows for a full 24 hour period since April.

Granny Smith apples were on sale for 99cents/pound which is really good here. And I baked a couple pies. As you can see folks were into one before I could even get around to snapping pictures of the first pies of the season. On the other hand it's great to know they're appreciated.

These were served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, hot caramel sauce and whipped cream. (I never should've taken in the Christmas Gift Pants from last year...)

The whole week has been pretty nice to be outside and we've been taking advantage. My Dad and Cheryl bought the boys remote control cars and it was a great gift since they've been outside a lot and it gives them something to do other than fight over who's the captain of the starship playground!

I'm finally starting to catch up on sleep. I wasn't sleeping very well before Gage left, then hardly at all after and then with Dad and Cheryl visiting and you only see people every few years you're up way longer than you should be in order to make the most of your time together (1 am almost every night). Bob actually tried to send me to bed early Tuesday after they left, saying he figures I've gotten about 20 hours sleep in the past week and I'm going to end up sick like always happens when I'm sleep deprived for too long. I spent some alone time with my family though, because you always miss that when you don't have it. And told him I'd be fine because I did the math and had about 24 hours sleep in the past week. Bob on the other hand is very wise and goes to bed at least close to his usual time no matter who is here. It was a very fun time and was worth it!

2 comments:

Marsel said...

Glad the visit went well -- but yes, sleep deprivation is always a downside!

Delighted Hands said...

Glad you had a nice visit. We bought the apples on sale here, too, but I made applesauce not pies! Yours look delicious!