Friday, October 02, 2009

Nervous Sock Completed

I've completed the second of Gage-Michael's socks I couldn't find the matching yarn without buying it online and paying for delivery for just the little bit I needed to finish them. So I picked up some Bernat Sox yarn at Jo-ann's and finished the foot and toe.

The Patons Kroy Sock yarn I was using washed up unbelievably soft; which is good because Gage was worried they'd be itchy.

In pursuit of procuring more Patons Kroy I read some reviews online and everyone seems to like the colors changes and softness, but... most had the same opinion as me - that Patons is all crazy in their mind for thinking that two skeins will knit one pair and that having to buy 3 skeins of yarn for a pair of socks at $6 a skein is totally not a good deal. It is so nice to have one's opinion shared so that you can be assured it is not you yourself who is crazy in your mind.

I will be sending these out to Gage Monday which is good because he's getting winter boots this weekend as they may be seeing some snow next week. Oh, and he is totally okay with the toe of one not matching because that part is in the shoe and who will see it anyway. (You have to check these things with teenagers)

2 comments:

Marsel said...

That's a pretty good match for a non-matching yarn!

Delighted Hands said...

Great job finishing up on the sock-the match is very close. He will like getting a foot hug each time he wears the socks!