Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Colds and cold

Here is how Finn has been dressing lately. It's been cold enough here that if we go out in the morning I actually have to put a hat on Finn. Finn of course continues to wear the hat in the house through the day and night.

Finn caught a really nasty cold last week and gave it to Bob who spent Thur. - Mon. sick with it. They were kind enough to gift it to me. I spent yesterday on the couch knitting and watching a movie (A&E's Pride and Prejudice) when Bob came home from work he sent me to bed (away from him where the risk of reinfection will be lower he thinks) and hooked up a dvd player in our room and popped in Sense and Sensibility. When he came to bed however he demanded it stop, I am in full agreement because otherwise he will sit and mockingly speak to me in an atrocious British accent of things like crumpets, clotted cream and anything else that sounds even remotely British to him.

I finished the fingerless mitts and had to model them on Finn due to the fact that I could not wear them and take the picture and my dress form does not have arms.

I cast on a new project last night; The Stolen Moments Wrap and I'm using Bernat Bamboo yarn.

I'm going to go make some tea, grab my tissues, my knitting and my blanket and set up camp on the couch. I'll try to forget the fact that I should really switch the laundry, clean my room and take a shower. Seriously, it was too cold this morning to even contemplate wet hair!

Bob has also instituted a rule that I am required to wear socks and mittens to bed, my hands and feet are always like ice and according to him, "If I didn't talk so much he'd think I was dead."

Oh, and proof that I'm sick... I'm wearing sweat pants and no make up, I am so totally HOT right now.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Hope your cold is better soon! Having a movie and knitting day is great therapy!

Marsel said...

Poor you...moms should NOT get sick, it should be against the rules!

I love Finn's modeling job -- what did you have to bribe him with in order to get him to cooperate?! :)