Friday, April 17, 2009

What I did instead.


As for progress on the to do list I did lots of number 4. However, that is really not an accomplishment because laundry is an ongoing chore in this house. I do four loads on Mondays. Two loads the rest of the week. I don't usually do laundry on Saturday or Sunday unless there has been a 'situation' that requires it.

So, instead of working on the rest of the list I made enchiladas and key lime pie. Bob had smoked a turkey on the grill and we had massive amounts of leftovers and you can only serve them the same way twice, any more than that and folks just won't eat them. So I made Chicken enchiladas with smoked turkey instead of chicken (if I had done the dirty deed of killing the rooster it would've been chicken). Bob and the kids gave compliments to both, Bob's compliment was, "You should've married a Mexican you're way better with Mexican food than Italian." I think it's a compliment anyway... Finn said that the pie was 'bad' though but since everyone else liked and I like it I think it was fine.

Oh, and I went on an egg hunt. My hens are still not laying so it crossed my mind that the bad rooster is teaching them how to be sly and deceptive and that they are hiding them from me. So I went all around the yard looking. The only eggs I found were plastic Easter eggs my kids failed to find. Then I tricked the flock into getting into their coop and locked them up because I wanted to put the plants in the garden and they see me, get curious and start scratchin' all around where I'm trying to work. Oh, and the rooster flaps his wings and crows at me because he does not allow me to be in his yard. So I lock the flock and come back in the house to do a couple things, next thing I know I hear the chickens by the back door... taunting me... Rylin had let them out, he had a friend over and she wanted to see them. AGGGHHH!

So the plan today is to get the Friday morning chores done - laundry, clean the bathrooms, sweep and mop floors etc. and then go out try to fool the chickens again (I know how cool am I that my chickens out smart me. They probably sit in their coop at night cackling away at me. "Eh, did you see the stupid lady today? Walkin' around lookin' for de eggs... if she only knew we're laying them in de pool! Yeah, or remember the time we flew over the fence to the neighbor's and laid them in the grass and came back before she even saw us? HAHAHAHHAHA! Heh Rooster, crow real loud she'll really get angry if you do it in the middle of the night. Did you see her yesterday, she was staring at you with de shovel in her hands. HAHAHAHAH! Eh, we should talk to the grey cat maybe he could help us out the next time the lady's staring at us we can have him jump on her head and scratch 'er eyes out, we could pay em with the eggs. Oh, and we can remind him about the time that little one with the yellow feathers on his head locked him in the fridge and the lady didn't find him for a long time he'll do it then! HAHAHA! She'll be locked up in de Assylum before we're done with her, who's lockin' who up now lady?) They think I don't know about their devious Chicken Mafia ways, but I'm on to them. I told Bob last night that if they don't start laying some eggs when I 'whack' the rooster I'll sit them all in a row and have a class about what happens to bad little mob boss chickens!!!

So let's see how it goes today. I think I'm going to add another item to the list, "Check pool for eggs."

Here's Finn yesterday, if you look closely you can see he let us 'do drawing' on his cast. He's riding his horse and making motorcycle noises because I won't let him ride his motorcycle do to the fact that a good amount of crashing occurs and that can't be good for casts or broken arms.

Oh, and when I gave him his bath last night I tied a grocery bag around his cast and said, "Ok, we have to keep this arms out of the water." I turned to get a washcloth, turned back and he was sticking it under the faucet! Must be pay back for the 'bad pie'.

3 comments:

Marsel said...

Never boring!!!

(I'd love your recipe for the pie sometime. Will you share?!)

Delighted Hands said...

What do you do in your spare time?!!! Love it-you are living your life right now!

Jess said...

What is this thing called "spare time"?