Friday, April 11, 2008

Carrie's Family




Mother e-mailed me some pictures taken yesterday of Carrie's family. I love the hat Hannah's wearing and baby Ellie is so sweet and small and perfect. My little sister look very content. I've been aching to be there with her as sisters should be but seeing her look so relaxed and confident (this is after all her third baby) let's me know that all will be alright. She will be going home from the hospital today and beginning the full on experience of life with three children... three children in diapers, by the way. I'll be thinking of her; and smirking just a little of course. I wonder who dressed the girls, Hannah is wearing a tank top and Cadence has some sort of bear costume on, I think. Oh, Carrie said St. Joseph's no longer uses receiving blankets they put the babies in these little blanket sleepers that have a strap across the middle to make them feel snuggled instead. Pretty cool. The times are changing. Come to think of it. Carrie and I were born at St. Joe's, all my boys but Finn were born at St. Joe's and all Carrie's girls have been born there. Hannah and Rylin even spent time in the same NICU. If I hadn't moved away Finn and Hannah would've been in the NICU there at the same time. We will always have the legacy of the St. Joe's maternity ward. Perhaps we should donate a rocker or something.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Nice to share a 'legacy'--I visited your mom there when she had Carrie! (Seems like yesterday!)

Marsel said...

Instead of the rocker, you could knit some baby stuff...!

Carrie looks really good. Hope she makes it through the next few weeks intact!