Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Inheritance





Today I made perogies. Just like Gram Galla used to make. Just like Grandma used to make. It's pretty labor intensive so usually they are made when Carrie is here to visit. She is an extra good tater peeler. The last time I made these was when I flew up to Syracuse in October for the last big family dinner with Grandma. I made perogies, prune buns, nut horns, saurkraut and my Auntie made the honey rice and brown flour peas. So I got to experiment with our old Slovakian family recipes with Grandma there to answer my questions so I could be sure to do it right. I improved a bit as this time they're not the size of salad plates...

1 comment:

Marsel said...

Yum, pierogies. That's one of the foods on my list of "learn how to make it from scratch"...