Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring's Arrival

Here are some pictures for a very dear friend; the sister of my heart if not my blood, who is under the weather. I figure I can entertain her with my garden pictures as she hasn't been able to do her own yet being farther north.

We have corn, zucchini and squash. If you look closely squash is flowering.







Then we have vidalia onions, asparagus pea, pickling cucumbers and tomatoes.
























Here are the strawberries....

















Beautiful smelling yellow roses....



















The sunflowers are volunteers; I threw the garden rubbish into a pile over there last year



Extra tomato plants; I started them from seeds and was rather skeptical as to how many of them would take. Perhaps, I went a bit overboard.













Well, I'm going to go do some work in the kitchen. I'll post on that later.

1 comment:

Marsel said...

Thank you -- you gave me a smile. :)

It was nice to tour your yard, too -- sometimes I forget how far ahead of us you guys are in the growing season!