Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Finishing up.



Here are some things I've recently finished lest you think I've just been relaxing and doing nothing. Okay, in all honestly I did get sidetracked be a couple books in the last month, books make for boring bloggage though so we won't dwell on that. The Quilter's Apprentice and The Christmas Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini if you're interested.

Just in time for summer I finished a pair of WOOL socks for Rylin. Yes, he has been wearing them. If you're five wool sock go stunningly with shorts.

I also finished a wall quilt for Finn's room. It was a kit called "Movers and Shakers", it's a Keepsake Quilting Kit I believe. It is about as far from perfect as you can get. It was however my first attempt at machine free motion quilting. I really do hope that I improve this skill with practice before the quilt police come and take my machine, fabric, etc. away. Don't try to tell me theres no quilt police, I know they're out there and they're watching... always watching. Or worse, what if something happened to me, Bob's new wife would be here going through my things and would say something like,"If you truly loved your poor dead wife you would have told her how awful her workmanship was and wouldn't have let her keep on, embarrassing herself like that." My works in life would be judged by this horrible 'practice' quilt. Should something happen to me I pray that you as my friends would dispose of items such as these post haste before my replacement comes to pick through my stuff. I'm counting on you!

I'm currently working on a quilt for baby Ellie, it's already late as Ellie arrived today and the quilt did not. I'm also knitting a tote bag/purse it's supposed to be knitted huge and then felted down to the size you like. We'll see. The kids and I have also been building a sock monkey, you know the ones that have been around for 100 years made from red heeled socks. The kids are excited about him and are already bickering over who gets to be the owner. If I had any idea a monkey made from socks would be so in demand I'd have bought more of the socks.

Note to kids: Whichever of you is the most helpful, least naughty and gives Mommy a headache the least amount of times wins the monkey. Stop arguing and start sucking up. Don't say,"Nobody likes a suck up." Mommy does. Mommy likes it alot.

1 comment:

Marsel said...

David just saw the quilt and exclaimed, "I want that!"

...so if something happens to you, we will be sure to dispose of it for you. :-)

No, really, it's cute! And you should be proud of any finished project...especially when it is your first foray into a new technique!!!