Friday, July 04, 2008

4th of July funnies


Have you ever heard about how animals and their owners tend to take after each other? Finn and Callie are definitely a good example of that.















I found her lying there sleeping with one of Finn's blankies. The blanket was eventually repossessed by the owner and the cat was left blanketless.









Rylin chased Peeker the chicken and she flew into pool onto a floatie we watched her float around until she got near the side and we got her out. Of course, I had to run for the camera because that was just too good to pass up.






















Then there is this a... situation you can have a laugh about at my expense as it's the Fourth of July and therefore a holiday I will gift this to you.

Apparently, I have been in denial about something for some time sort of like the time I came home from having a sonogram found out that I was going to receive a boy at the end of it all and continued in spite of this knowledge to knit a pink afghan. Like if I refused to accept this fact it therefore wouldn't be true.

Well, remember how my hen wasn't laying eggs? Well, it's all been explained because Peeker turned into a rooster. I have sort of been forced out of my denial when around 6:30am every morning I hear a screeching, "COCKA DOODLE DOO!" The first time he did it I was sitting out back at the table and just looked up at him and said,"No." Yeah, like that's gonna fix it.

He isn't terribly loud (this might again be part of that denial thing) and I like him, I think his ways are pretty cool. Like the way he walks up while I'm sitting out back reading, looks around (checking for wee folk most likely) says to me, "Ba Bach!" Which I think is poultry for "hello Jess" and then eats Gizmo's dog food. Unless of course, there is no dog food and then the conversation is extended where in the chicken yells at me until I go and get dog food for the bowl. (Someone is training someone here, huh?) And it's pretty neat that when the kids come outside he hangs out before fleeing in terror to check for the possibility that they're bringing him bread pieces. But in spite of his cool persona, he will never, ever, not in a million years, lay me an egg. Anyone up for a chicken barbecue??

2 comments:

Marsel said...

Wow, that was an enjoyable catchup! Thanks for sharing everything...

Delighted Hands said...

Wow, love your menagerie! The pics are priceless!