Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Unexpected Blessings

Two good things happened yesterday that were quite unexpected. First, a cordless phone that Finn had thrown in the pool last Friday and hadn't worked since then began suddenly working again.

Second, Callie the Cat had been missing since Saturday. We scoured the neighborhood looking for her, made posters and put them up around the neighborhood. Yesterday afternoon I received a call from a lady saying she believed she had our cat. She brought her over and indeed it was Callie. She had followed some ladies who were jogging and made it to the other side of the neighborhood where she wandered around until this lady took her in to be with her other cats. She was very sad to hand her over to me, was crying and had renamed her "Puppet". I didn't not ask this woman if it ever occured to her that this was someone else's cat that they were missing, I just thanked her for returning her.

Callie is back home and being loved and squeezed whether she wants to or not. As well as lying in wait for me to leave my laptop so she can lay on the keyboard and refuse to get up. We honestly didn't think we would ever see her again but God is good and brought her home.


2 comments:

Marsel said...

Good news -- we don't realize how attached we are to our cats until something like that happens!

I love all of her very "catful" poses...

Delighted Hands said...

How glad I am that you have her back, she was a special little cat!