Monday, July 07, 2008

The Wandtke Family 4th Of July

It's been a long weekend for sure. Jacob flew in Friday, wearing a mohawk. Bob swiftly removed it Saturday before my friend Barbara's BBQ.







Friday night we watched Bob's Big Firework Show, some of the fireworks are pictured on the truck behind him. (I think we've been in the deep south too long, Bob never wears a shirt anymore) We oohed and aaahed appropriately and I even set some off.

We picked up some citronella tiki torches to keep the 'skeetos' away during the fireworks show. The kids thought they were very neat and I had to keep a pretty good eye on them so they didn't get all "Lord of the Flies" with them.
















We were all pretty tired at this point as we had spent the majority of the day in the pool and ate ribs, cheeseburgers, sausage and macaroni salad until we were about burst. We actually made it a pretty early night. It was a nice family long weekend, Saturday evening we went to a barbecue down the road for a friend's birthday and Sunday was the church picnic. I think we could all use a weekend to rest from the long weekend.

2 comments:

Marsel said...

I know another boy who gets that same mischievous smile as Rylin has in that picture...and I'm sure both of them would love to sword fight with your tiki torches!!!

Delighted Hands said...

Happy 4th! It looks like you had a great weekend!